The warm weather brings long sunny days in Trinity Bellwoods Park, late night concerts, and bars open until 4am (CMW is just around the corner)! As much fun as it is being out all day and night, you don’t want to look like you’ve been out all day and night. We’ve done our research (haha) and have figured out this fool-proof hangover routine to keep you looking fresh.
First and foremost, rewind to when you stumbled in your door and the only thing you had on your mind was crashing into bed. It is so important to take your make-up off before you hit the sheets, no matter how many hours you have until you have to wake up. Worst case scenario keep face wipes beside your bed so you can easily wipe away your make-up and the dirt from the city that’s made a home in your pores. Try these: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads.
Smoothie recipe (via PopSugar):
Stanley George, owner of Stanley’s Pharmacy in NYC, developed this smoothie recipe to help detoxify, rebuild electrolytes, and restore your body’s normal pH levels after a heavy night of cocktails.
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to help brain function and balance glucose levels
• 1 cup Greek yogurt, probiotics help to bring back digestive balance
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds, also excellent for digestive balance
• 1 small banana, for potassium and to help soothe your stomach
• 1/2 cup frozen spinach or kale, to aid in detox and alkalinity
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, powerful antioxidants to help the system reverse yesterday’s damage
• 1 cup coconut water, to hydrate and restore electrolytes
• Honey and cinnamon to taste, excellent mood elevators
• 2-3 ice cubes
• Simply blend and drink your way to a better feeling you
Nothing seems like a bigger mission when you’re in this state than getting ready to go outside. The key is to keep it light. De-puff those bags under your eyes (try: L’Occitane en Provence Eye Care & Mask Duo Brightening Correction), and add a touch of bronzer, a couple swipes of mascara, and lip gloss. In the case of make-up on a hangover, less is definitely more.
You also want to avoid looking like you’re doing a walk of shame so don’t overdress. My go-to outfit consists of girlfriend jeans, flat shoes, a baggy shirt (to hide any evidence of late-night poutine) and big sunglasses.
Now you’re ready to get yourself to one of Toronto’s best brunch joints (here or here) for a coffee (of the utmost importance) and eggs, bacon, hollandaise sauce, pancakes, spicy Caesars, mimosas… the list goes on.
Then you’ll be ready for round two (or three).